IDEAL ISTOR HE325

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help, my boiler has been working on and off since monday, British gas have been out 3 times to it but still have not fixed it and have a feeling they are just replacing bit by bit until they come across something.

My symptons are :-

Boiler will not just fire up, has a 0 flashing on screen

it seems cannot run hot water and central heating together at same time

my pressure gauge is reading 0 but will not build up pressure but feed into boiler is ok

managed to get central heating running (not sure for how long as it has done this before, will run for about 8 hours then switch off) but pressure gauge is still on 0

British gas have replaced the ECU board, i have also got here a control panel board but they did not try to fit that.
British gas have said it is the timer but i'm not so sure as he has a timer on the control panel so not sure why he just didnt fit that ?

any help would be appreciated as fed-up of having to wait in for british gas each morning for them just to change a part and say 'thats not fixed it'

thanks

Sponsored Links
If the 0 is present you arent getting a demand from the boiler to fire up. The heat store should occasionally fire the boiler to keep the HW warm. Does the boiler ever show any other display except 0?

What was the problem before the guy changed the PCB? Same issue or different? If he hasnt put the jumpers in correctly on the new PCB the boiler may not know its an istor.

As for the pressure, you either have a large water leak or the filling valve isnt allowing water to pass into the CH system

thanks for the reply.

the original problem was that i could only run the boiler on constant, as soon as i switched it over to the timer to come on or off it would just not fire up and would have the 0 on the display.

i currently have the system working, not sure how but i turned all the hot water side off on the timer and its fired up even tho the pressure gauge is reading zero. It has fired up before but only for about 8 hours then will switch again to the 0 on the display.

i took off the flexi pipe for the water feed and turned the valve and water came out under pressure so i know the feed is ok to the boiler.

would the central heating still work if i had a large water leak ?

thanks

just checked the jumpers on the pcb and they are in the wrong position but reluctant to turn boiler off again to change the position of jumpers just incase cannot get it fired up again.

are there any issues with running boiler as is until it goes off again and then changing positions of jumpers ?

thanks
neil

Sponsored Links
now not sure if they are in the correct position as there is 2 parts to the fitting instructions and it all depends on the part number of the board which i cannot see until i take it off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back