Ideal mexico 2 issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, wonder if anybody can help

We have an old Ideal Mexico 2 boiler which I believe is a traditional type, anyway earlier this afternoon I was bleeding a radiator in the bathroom and since then the boiler hasn't fired up, electrics seem ok and pump appears to be working.

This happened a year ago when I previously bled a radiator and the boiler eventually came to life again, not this time however......

Does anybody have any suggestions on what the problem could be and any way to overcome?

EDIT - just tried rebleeding all the radiators and pretty sure I must have an air-lock in the system, some air coming out some of the radiators but no water / gunk at any of them.... if this is indeed the case how do you clear this?

Sponsored Links
Geez, being a partimer,suggest looking to see if any water in the f&e tank
Try opening the system drain cock, see if any water flows out. Could be the feed blocked from the f&e tank. Dont run the pump dry or you'll nacker it

Probably a blocked Cold Feed pipe. A search should give you all the answers, See the FAQs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back