ideal response 120

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any one help, my mother has a responce 120 boiler in the loft and at the age of 80 finds it difficult to re pressurise the system. i would like if possible to adapt the boiler so she can fill it from the airing cupboard.

Is this possible and what components would i need as it would require a gauge to indicate the pressure in the heating system

Thanks

Pail

Sponsored Links
basically a gauge and a filling loop, providing the cold main and a heating pip are already there.

Just a pressure gauge, and a filling loop to connect a heating pipe to a cold mains pipe.

Can any one help, my mother has a responce 120 boiler in the loft and at the age of 80 finds it difficult to re pressurise the system. i would like if possible to adapt the boiler so she can fill it from the airing cupboard.

Can't you put her a proper loft ladder in, and a bit of boarding so she doesn't have to balance on the joists. And don't forget the light. :eek:

Sponsored Links

If she finds it difficult to repressurise the system then it will be equally difficult on the landing !!!

If its just she finds getting into the loft difficult then a stair lift might help ???

Or why dont yo go round every week like all dutiful sons and do it for her?

Tony

Why don't you install an additional 35 litre expansion vessel in the loft (about £40).

An average sized system (unless full of leaks) could then go a couple of years between top ups.

:idea: If you use stop cock(s) for the filling loop taps they're MUCH easier to turn than the tiddly washing machine valve type.

the old filling loop with big knobs on seem to have gone out of fashion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back