Ideal Screen Size

9 to 12 feet, depending upon where seated, and a 49" set, as above, make sure it's at eye level when seated - we find that adequate for our viewing. Larger would dominate, and turn it into a TV viewing room.
We had an extension for the living room and planned where the tv would be mounted on the wall for ultimate viewing angle wherever people sat in the room yes its a TV viewing room what else do people do more of in the living room. When we got our 55" it was really big at the time for a TV but tvs have grown since then. Fitted with a surround sound system we stopped spending money going to the cinema too.
So yes the next one will be bigger.

Sponsored Links
On a side note when we brought our 55" at that size they all came as 3d so we brought into a few 3d blurays for our movie collection but when we come to replace the tv can we even get a 3d tv now.

Aw sod it, I’ll get a curved screen.

IMG_6061.jpeg

Sponsored Links
On a side note when we brought our 55" at that size they all came as 3d so we brought into a few 3d blurays for our movie collection but when we come to replace the tv can we even get a 3d tv now.
We have had our TV for several years now. Although it is 3D capable, and we still have a pair of 3D glasses, along with a few 3D DVDs (I think one of them may be a Lord of the Rings recording), we haven't made use of the feature for years.
Now I think of it, I might have another look at that film, in 3D.

Which would you use for Trading though, where you want to be abe to read lots of tiny text. Text at 100% on a 4k 27" monitor is too small, so is there any benefit to the 4k? And are VA panels darker in the blacks, still?

(Ideally 4 off 16ft by 9ft please, silly resolution. 3 for the walls I can see and one for the ceiling.)

Thanks, everyone.

I think I'll stick with 55", given the existing one is 48".

See that donkey in your profile picture - he wishes his owner had got a 65" wheel base and not a 55"
Dont be the donkey :LOL:

Trust me you won't regret it, no one wishes they had bought a smaller tv put plenty of people wish they had a bigger TV.
I know people who prefer a smaller TV and at least a few who have sold their stupid sized TV's after a couple of months only to downsize.

Well there is a size whereby I suspect you think, that's just too big, everybody/living room will likely have their limit ....

I used to have a "massive" Philips colour television measuring 24 inches.
A beast in those days.
Nowadays we have a 90 inch tv in the bathroom :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back