Ideas and Inventions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any experience of getting an idea or invention off the ground . I know the routes to take but was wondering if anyone on here has actually done it and do they have any recommendations or advice on the process. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
yes , dont tell anyone what it is until its pateneted, and do go to one of them companies you see on tv. .........have you got an invention..............

I have several very good and useful ideas that have been floating around between my ears for a while now and believe it or not I came up with an idea maybe 5 years ago now of having the equivalent of Baby Wipes for your teeth for times when you need to freshen up but obviously don't have a toothbrush with you. I thought of having a wipe that was impregnated with Flouride or a similar substance and supplied in a little sealed pouch a bit like the wipes you get with a KFC meal that you could give your teeth a quick wipe with , like after meals at work for example , and obviously I never acted on it and lo and behold you can now buy the bloody things at ASDA. I felt like I'd won the lottery and lost the ticket so I've resolved to do something about my other ideas before it happens again. Obviously I know my ideas may not come to anything , but nothing ventured nothing gained , as they say. I have taken steps to make sure I can prove my ideas were thought of on a particular date before I contact anyone else but was just wanting advice on my next port of call.

dont tell anyone what it is until its pateneted, and do go to one of them companies you see on tv

Funny how we all get word blindness sometimes and miss out a word which completely changes what we meant. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
That was odd as I got the gist of the "don't" anyway, I suppose that's the suspicious mind.
I have a few ideas that I have drawn and secreted in an envelope in my home. Waiting for the right assistance I suppose.
I do understand that to lodge the first patent and get the legalities out of the way costs about £800 in total. then you have to start thinking about worldwide patents etc.. I agree that you should not go to those companies either who advertise or televise. The Patent Office do issue some brilliant free handouts, and the main comment is "NEVER TELL ANYBODY". As soon as you disclose the idea to anybody you lose your rights. The best way is to use a Patent "Broker" and they are 100% trustworthy. One of the problems is that you have to create your item for presentation and therefore if you need help to do that then you have got to take on a partner as it were, to be bound over legally not to divulge anything. Then there's the understanding of intellectual property - that's me lost again.
Good luck if you have anything that you can patent but remember that if it won't sell 100,000 then there is no point.

i say go for it !!
i had a similar "idea that i never acted on that is now in general use" a few years ago. :idea:
when i was at high school i could never be bothered to get up in time for breakfast and always thought they should make breakfast cereals in a bar so that you could eat them whilst on the move.....obvious now but im genuinely talking about 15 years ago or so!!

For 13 years my wife would carefully spread just the "juice" of branston pickle on her sandwiches avoiding the "lumps". She would say - I'm going to invent branston without the lumps - lo and behold a few years ago they did it - doh!! The millions she has cost us - it's a wonder we are even speaking now....

Trevor Bayliss prolific inventor was ripped off early on in his inventors life and because of it has set up an advice service for budding inventors detailing the pitfalls to watch out for, he has vowed to help any worthwhile invention get recognition and set up an academy of inventors. it might be worth trying to get in contact with him?

Sponsored Links
Back