identify switch wire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted two new ceiling roses. I thought I had wired it as it was before but one light wont work unless both light switches are on. :oops: I have used a multimeter to identify the switch wires but all black wires light up and buzz :cry:

Sponsored Links
Time for the Yellow Pages, I think. Once you've lost the plot with switching it can take an age to sort out if you don't know what you're doing. An electrician should be able to sort this out in no time at all. That's what we do.

Sponsored Links
I'm having a similar problem, I have also fitted two new ceiling roses in my hallway, both from the same switch. The first light responds to the switch but the second is permanently on. I've been checking the wiring for the last 13 hours (check the time of the post) and have finally admitted defeat. Help!

Cheers in advance for any advice.

please note forum rule 20

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back