Ignition Faliure on Gemini 960

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Gemini 960 boiler. 6 months ago the ignition became erratic, and would go days without lighting.
Over the past week the only way to light the boiler is manually, ie take front off and use a lighter to start. Once the boiler is warm the ignition will light. After 2/3 hours off will not light.
I have watched with the front off and cannot see an arc from the ingition.
But I can hear the relay 'clicking'. Any Ideas as to what may be causing the boiler not to light when cold but light when warm.
The next stage is to check I can get a arc from hard wiring from terminal to say the housing, is this corrct??

Sponsored Links
You will be better off looking for a new boiler.

Unless the fault can be located and parts are not made to Gemini spec (in which case service will be restored) replacement parts for this boiler are not available. Company that made this boiler ceased production a while ago.

Sponsored Links
As a service engineer, I feel WB is a plumber friendly boiler. I would be looking at the Vaillant range instead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back