Worcester 28i wont ignite.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody advise...
Boiler lost pressure this morning so it shut down. I have topped it back up but the light on the front wont stop flashing each time i try to re - ignite. It just wont ignite. When trying to light it, I can hear the tick tick tick noise of what I assume is the ignition.
Any ideas...anybody???

Sponsored Links
There is a reset button (on top of the boiler iirc) failing that...

If your sure its trying to ignite then i'd advise calling a Corgi man out. Gas involved!

I looked on the user instructions and read about the reset button on top. So I climbed up and all I can see in the place where the button should be is a red valve looking thing. When you open it (it just has a top on it that flips up) and inside just looks like a valve!!!
Have been in touch with corgi guy and he said saturday!!! We're freezing so I'll try all possibilities.
Any more thoughts???

Put the cap back on...that's a test point. The overheat stat is on the left front on top of the boiler. Make sure the cross shaped inner part is pressed down.,

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replies. Corgi plumber has been. It appears to be something to do with the water pressure sensor located in the top right part of the boiler near the 2 orange wires (I heard him discussing it with Worcester/Bosch technical people) New sensor should be here today.

Next time tell us it's a 28i JUNIOR which is an entirely different boiler than the 28i. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back