ikea space behind base units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i know this question has been skirted round before, its the one where i want to fit battens to the wall so that i dont have to cut out for a load of surface pipes in an ex council flat. obviously talking about the base units,(this is an IKEA kitchen),

im going to put 2x2 round the wall, but i want to fit the worktop so that i have an overhang....question is you will see the 2x2 at the back where the 2x2 will be level with the worktop,

i was thinking of putting some quadrant glued or fixed to the wall and the 2x2, but thinking this might be quite expensive, is this a good idea or has anyone got a better idea....

Sponsored Links
Ikea base units are deeper than usual anyway so you'd have to buy an extra-extra-wide worktop if you put 2" battens behind the units.

Is there no way you can re-route the pipes underneath the cabinets or just cut holes in the carcasses?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back