I'll get it right - eventually!

Sponsored Links
Monday is even better - cheers mate!
The Bongo saga continues.......
It departed for Albania :eek: last month.
It got as far as Manchester, then lost most of its power. A garage there diagnosed and fitted a new turbo. Three days and 50 miles later, the fault returned.
The next garage were a bit flummoxed by the thing, but when they removed the fuel filter (smart move) the liquid inside had no smell......whatever it was, they reckoned it wasn't diesel.
Draining and refilling the tank, with a new fuel filter, it's on it's way again.
It's 3 weeks since I've heard anything, but apparently all is well :p
I've only once had a tank of dud fuel, and that was 40 years ago.
Any comments?
John :)

Never had any duff fuel as such. (That's done it now!)
1973 / 74 we had an ICI petrol station open down the road from us. I had an MZ ETS 250 then. Basically a big Bantam engine.
If I had fuel from there it would whisker the plug. Never had a problem with it otherwise.

I think you'll like that camera John. You know the "fish for the screw in the engine bay pan" game? Very easy being able to see with the magnet attached. :)

Sponsored Links
Aaah the good 'ole MZ :p
Didn't they have a 6mm jack plug as an ignition key?
Watch this space for a camera product test!
John :)

I find mechanics that do a bit of painting on the side, have no sense of smell, just most of them haven't copped on, yet ........ :cool:

Not really a 6mm jackplug, a piece of 6mm rod, with a "two hacksaw blade" wide slot across the bottom, and a piece of smaller rod through it a bit further up to lock it in when turned. Plastic handle that made it look like a plug. Weird thing. I made a spare. :)
Not a bad bike actually. Not the "flying torch" one though. They really were weird, although they handled well with the Earles type forks.

Camera duly purchased, and if it lasts any time at all it has to be the bargain of the century......less than 40 quid, batteries included, German made (supposedly) and in a nice carrying box.
Unbelievable! Now just need some work for it :p
John :D

You got one OK then? Saw them when I was there today. Mine's about 18 months old. Been used more than 20 times I suppose. So far, so good, but can't really go wrong with the 3 year guarantee.

Well I lost a 6mm bolt down the back of the engine, if you want to drop over ............. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back