vauxhall alternator change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
well after a lot of hammering, swearing and everything else, i have managed to get me alternator off (as well as the whole tensioning spindle :rolleyes: ), unfortunatelly it is now stuck in the bottom engine comaprtment and cannot be removed upwards :cry: i guess the only way to do it is remove all the plastic trimming from underneath, how ever the stupid thing is held on? any suggestions.

My other main concern is the pulley on the very top that was part of the timing belt go around, the bottom pulley is stiff (guess this is the cams?) but the top is very easily turned, how critical is this to get in the exact same position? I have been very careful upto now not to move it.

many thanks for any responses

cheers

Sponsored Links
your confusing the timing belt and alternator belt,the one you have removed is the alternator belt,the timing belt is situated underneath a series of covers which you should have not touched,the position of the pulleys your dealing with is not critical(assuming you have only removed the alternator drive belt)

well that is a relief, so what is the two pulleys that the alternator belt go around. i thought the one on the bottom was the pistons or whatever the stupid thing is??

anyways, thanks for that info, i just have to get the stupid thing out the bottom engine compartment now which i guess means either removing the radiator cover or the bottom plastic trim under the car.

also, i needed to rip the whole belt tension spring off toget it off, any tips on how this was supposed to be released :)

many thanks

Sponsored Links
next time put it on ramps and take off cover

Glad you dont fix my cars.............. probally cheaper getting someone to do it

Back