im making hydrogen fuel cell amperage question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
using .5mm stainless steel 316 wire coiled round a spool
3 metres of it to start
using 12v battery
my guess is itll be pulling between 2-4 amps
at how many amps does the wire get hot to the point of breaking?
what amp fuse should i use?

its critical because fuel cell container has highly explosive gasses
appreciate info
thanks jikwan

Sponsored Links
i assume your hoping for cheap fuel!!!!!

unfortunatly the cost of electricity to convert to gas makes it about £3 a litre petrol equivilent :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
some stick an extra alternator on and so what? an extra alternator

hydrogen massive potential

Except the energy taken from the engine by this extra alternator will be greater than the energy which you will gain back by burning the hydrogen fuel made by the system.

Theres no such thing as a free lunch!

there is a free lunch

many big name scientist have been murdered because they discovered the free lunch our own tesla got given a very hard time

check out the awesome orgone energy

rofl5.gif

Except the energy taken from the engine by this extra alternator will be greater than the energy which you will gain back by burning the hydrogen fuel made by the system.

Theres no such thing as a free lunch!
Adam - give it up, it's pointless - jikwan does not accept that the laws of thermodynamics apply to him.

im throwing the towel in

no way am i going to mess with heavyweights on this forum

can anyone just give me a clue about how i can select the right fuse please?

Wire an ammeter in series with everything, adjust the rheostat so that the wire gets as hot as you ever want it to be able to get, record the value and pick a close value of fuse

adam
commonsense isnt it?
i would never have thought of that in 100 years
thanks for that

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm...

... anyhow, if its common sense, how come you came on here asking the question? :?:

adam
no sarcasm, really maybe just my way of using words
im so thick just pointing out how thick i am
i thank you for helping me
why on the forum? precipitator question my last topic

heeeelllooo jikwan

i think what your missing is the fact that the amount of gas being produced in your utube clip is only a fraction of the amount needed to run an engine

at 5000 rpm you have 5000 explositions a minuit thats a lot of gas :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: [assuming 4 stroke 4cyl]

you also need to compress the gass to allow storage or hav a highly explosive bag upstairs :D

http://www.edinphoto.org.uk/0_stree...waverley_bridge_gas_bag_bus_ed_s_1900_049.htm

good luck with your experiment :D :D ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back