I'm sorry to be a broken record but ...

What, no compassion AND no suffering for him ;)?

One has to keep the snow flakes happy and have due respect for his human rights

I suppose he could volunteer for medical pain research ?? Or be could be kept in custody untill some one requiring organ transplant us found and he is a suitable match ??

Sponsored Links
So what do you actually define as 'no question of guilt' in the real world?
The bloke that killed David Amess
The bloke that killed Lee Rigby
The bloke that killed Jo Cox
The bloke that killed Sarah Everard
Just for starters.
Do you agree that they should be euthanised?

The bloke that killed David Amess
The bloke that killed Lee Rigby
The bloke that killed Jo Cox
The bloke that killed Sarah Everard
Just for starters.
Do you agree that they should be euthanised?
Nope...

And the word is actually 'executed'...

Equally, just for starters.
(and just the tip of the iceberg)

Birmingham Six
Guildford Four
Maguire Seven
Terry Pinfold
Harry MacKenney
Stefan Kiszko
Robert Brown
Anthony Steel
Paul Blackburn
Bridgewater Four
Sean Hodgson
Thomas Campbell
Joseph Steele
Winston Silcott
Michael Shirley
Michael O'Brien
Darren Hall
Ellis Sherwood
Steven Miller
Yusef Abdullahi
Tony Paris

All eventually found innocent, but according to you they should have been 'euthanised'...

Of course since you claim that you would be happy to be the executioner, then by default you would become a murderer of innocent people...

But as you say, there would be a long queue to dispatch you as a murderer in similar fashion...

And so on and so on...

But hey, thanks for destroying your own argument (y)

Sponsored Links
You left the Coronation Street one off of that list. :rolleyes:

Listen, you lily livered imbecile. Was there any possibility of doubt with the names I gave? None whatsoever. Wring that hanky out and try again.

And euthanised, like the animals they are.

These men literally prowl the streets looking for women to rape.

This is because of the lack of proper sentencing. I have "already addressed " the fact that since the death penalty was abolished the murder and attempted murder rate has risen dramatically AND so have the rates of other crimes.

This is because of the lack of proper sentencing. I have "already addressed " the fact that since the death penalty was abolished the murder and attempted murder rate has risen dramatically AND so have the rates of other crimes.
Your claim was found to be lacking in credible data, was it not, old spink?

‘Surreal spectacle’: US botched 35% of execution attempts this year​

Annual review reveals that seven of the 20 execution attempts carried out this year were visibly problematic

In its annual review of US capital punishment, the Death Penalty Information Center (DPIC) reveals the astonishing statistic that 35% of the 20 execution attempts carried out this year were visibly problematic.

Several were agonisingly drawn out as officials tried to secure a vein through which to inject lethal drugs, leading lawyers to describe the process as a form of torture. Others were carried out in violation of state protocols. Some went ahead even though there were defects in those protocols themselves.

In Arizona, the execution in May of Clarence Dixon ended in a bloody mess – executioners tried for 25 minutes to set the IV and resorted to performing an unauthorized “cutdown”, slicing into his groin to reach a vein.

Paradoxically, while lethal injections appear to be heading towards a crisis at their 40th anniversary, taken in its entirety the death penalty in America continues to wither on the vine. Though 27 states technically still have the ultimate punishment on their books, in practice only six – Alabama, Arizona, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Missouri and Texas – killed prisoners this year.

The 18 executions that were completed in 2022, and the 22 new death sentences, are among the fewest of any year since 1991.

Anyone with vengeance in their heart still want to step forward for the job?

‘Surreal spectacle’: US botched 35% of execution attempts this year​

Annual review reveals that seven of the 20 execution attempts carried out this year were visibly problematic

In its annual review of US capital punishment, the Death Penalty Information Center (DPIC) reveals the astonishing statistic that 35% of the 20 execution attempts carried out this year were visibly problematic.

Several were agonisingly drawn out as officials tried to secure a vein through which to inject lethal drugs, leading lawyers to describe the process as a form of torture. Others were carried out in violation of state protocols. Some went ahead even though there were defects in those protocols themselves.

In Arizona, the execution in May of Clarence Dixon ended in a bloody mess – executioners tried for 25 minutes to set the IV and resorted to performing an unauthorized “cutdown”, slicing into his groin to reach a vein.

Paradoxically, while lethal injections appear to be heading towards a crisis at their 40th anniversary, taken in its entirety the death penalty in America continues to wither on the vine. Though 27 states technically still have the ultimate punishment on their books, in practice only six – Alabama, Arizona, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Missouri and Texas – killed prisoners this year.

The 18 executions that were completed in 2022, and the 22 new death sentences, are among the fewest of any year since 1991.

Anyone with vengeance in their heart still want to step forward for the job?

Probably find that the risk assessment was woefully inadequate ;)

In an echo of Pierrepoint’s life, some former executioners and prison governors in the US have spoken out against the death penalty. They have detailed their trauma, and campaign groups raise this potential for capital punishment to harm people other than just the condemned prisoner as an argument for abolition.

Pierrepoint would have had no truck with that, I suspect. But those somewhat contradictory narratives around his career – the quest for professionalism, his apparent reformation and the biopic tale of a man haunted by his deeds – remain deeply relevant in understanding how the public might view them.

Albert Pierrepoint: a 'haunted hangman' and the death penalty today​

The first was Pierrepoint as an efficient and professional hangman. This was a portrayal that he contributed to in his memoir and media interviews. It stressed the meticulous care he took and emphasised his speed and efficiency. It was in keeping with 20th century understandings of execution. The bodily suffering of the condemned should be minimised or, preferably, non-existent. Whether this could actually be achieved is debatable but it was important that hanging was understood to have been “modern” and civilised.

Some press reports about Pierrepoint when he died in 1992 suggested that he was troubled by his past. However, the clearest portrayal of Pierrepoint in this way is found in the eponymous biopic. In this film, the character of Pierrepoint, played by Timothy Spall, is haunted by executing an acquaintance and, eventually, traumatised by the many hangings he has carried out. It is an appealing idea, one perhaps that the public cling to, that life is not easily taken by anyone.

And i have my doubts any Internet Warrior could do it, either.
We do not live by the Old Testament.

I remember watching the trial at the time. I never thought she did it, I seem to recall it was possible it could’ve been one of the parents or the brother.

It showed how bad the American legal system is.
To be fair the judge did fix it, effectively overruling the jury.

Yes. It was.

Search for the post where I put the ONS figures up. Similar rates every year, for 50 or so years, before the reduction and eventually abolition of the penalty, and then a dramatic rise ever since. Those figures were irrefutable; if you want to show me wrong you will have to give different figures.

Sponsored Links
Back