Immersion Heater Switch Connection

Thanks for the prompt responses guys, got there in the end!

Appreciate your help.

Sponsored Links
See, i'm confused and i don't know what i'm doing, and you two have just contradicted each other.
No - sparkydude has posted two different sets of connections. I don't know why he's done that.

Brown wire in 1
Connect 2.5mm wire from 2 to 3
Blue wire in 4
Black wire in 5
Red wire in 6
Spot on.

i only posted two different ways as i mistakenly put terminal 4 in twice. if you read my second reply its the same as yours softus.
Nick

Sponsored Links
Sorry guys, me again! I've only got this cable, will this do ?

Image00004.jpg

no it must be phase colour, Brown or red whichever you have, a piece of twin and earth would be fine stripped back to the cores.

Nick

sparkydude said:
i only posted two different ways as i mistakenly put terminal 4 in twice. if you read my second reply its the same as yours softus.
Nick
It was Axum who said that your (incorrect) post conflicted with mine, not me. TBH I couldn't make sense of your first (of many) sets of proposed connections since it didn't contain the terminal numbers.

Axum - don't you have 2" of spare on the flex that you can cut off, and use the live (brown) conductor?

Yep, cut a bit off the brown wire and used that and it's all working, thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back