Immersion Heater Timer Connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I want to replace my ageing timer for the hot water cylinder immersion heater, and I am unsure of the connections! I have a Drayton LP111 (the plate connections are N,L,1,2,3,4 and E). The current timer (Superswitch -no extra model details on the face) has 2 N,L connections (one 'ouy' one 'in'), one for the heater, one for the timer. The switch is connected with the 2 Ls and the 2 Ns are connected with a wire to each other.
So, my question is how to transfer these to the Drayton!
Btw, I've tried the plumbing forum with no response. Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
nikosof said:
So, my question is how to transfer these to the Drayton!

you dont

you already said you are changing your old timer so there for you do not transfer anything to it.

what do the instructions for your new immersion heater timer say?

Its probably something like supply in supply out,

supply in being from you fused connection unit, supply out goes to the immersion heater itself.

you must also join the earth wires together

A LP111 is a CENTRAL HEATING control time clock.

Me thinks it will not last long if you wire it up to an immersion heater.

Do not do it.

It sounds maybe you are trying to go beyond your limitations. Get someone in to do it who can certify.

thanks baldelectrician.
the funny thing is that the guys who installed the cylinder (i had it replaced) bought this and brought it along for this purpose. They didn't connect because they didn't know how to. So what kind of timer would you recommend for that?
tks

Sponsored Links
yep, my hot water cylinder only uses the immersion heater element to heat water (not connected to boiler).
thanks breezer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back