Improving on TRV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The heat coming off the radiator is as a result of work done on the incoming air which is cool. What you actually want is the TRV sensing the incoming cold air, THAT is the measure of the room temperature, not the temperature of the outgoing air. So, having the TRV at the bottom, is nicely representative of air room air temp. Also, you don't want it to respond too quickly, this is bad for oscillation and hunting. The "inertia" of the response of a TRV prevents the valve snapping open and shut, as would happen in an underdamped system. It's "integral action", if you like.

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
What about having the TRV remote from the radiator? Might look a bit naff but might keep SC happier?

Well - at 9 pages I suppose I might as well mention it - that was wer can make double figure (@shambolic ;) ).

Honeywell Evohome.... remote wireless sensors talking to the trv via the base unit. TRV then modulates as required.

The heat coming off the radiator is as a result of work done on the incoming air which is cool. What you actually want is the TRV sensing the incoming cold air, THAT is the measure of the room temperature, not the temperature of the outgoing air. So, having the TRV at the bottom, is nicely representative of air room air temp. Also, you don't want it to respond too quickly, this is bad for oscillation and hunting. The "inertia" of the response of a TRV prevents the valve snapping open and shut, as would happen in an underdamped system. It's "integral action", if you like.

Nozzle
That makes absolute sense, I agree and being still close enough to rads would not cause unwanted pipes running all over to a TRV located at a remote location. In theory heat or hot air always rises, so there should be no hot spots under a rad, that said as long as people don't start drying their clothes over radiators, and I know for a fact all my tenants do that despite my telling them to stop.

Sponsored Links
95288-46a8327aaff4103e4022af315bc03ac1.jpg
??????
An image would be helpful.

The sign should read Intellectual Capacity for some of the commenters has reached their upper limit and to save themselves looking fools, they should kindly leave this section and go to a more appropriate section to suit their level of intellect and leave this thread for others with ingenuity and understanding to continue with discussion on improving out of dated TRVs.

So you'll be off to the Noddy God bothering section never to darken the plumbing forum again?

That would be marvellous. But feel free to carry on posting. It provides us with much merriment.

I can't see the above comments, as the person is on my ignore list, I just hope that the comments reflect his intellect.

(No need for anyone else to quote him, since any person on my ignore list also means I do not comment back indirectly, otherwise it would make me no better person and I wouldn't want to reach to his level)

So now back to topic, improving TRVs, and their response time, if any more ideas that might actually help OP, instead of dragging these forums into dispute that might effect advertising revenue for the site.

Last edited:
It may provide merriment for Dan.

But for me, it just makes me think that we actually need a little more Mod action to delete unhelpful postings which contribute nothing intelligent!

Although generally the less the Mod action the better!

Tony

Can this thread be moved to one of the following...

image.png

It's all a bit above my pay bracket, not my intellect!

I'll never look at a TRV in the same way again :eek:

unhelpful postings which contribute nothing intelligent

Tony

Certain contributions may have been a little off topic, but they served a purpose in the end. Certainly proving my point. ;)

Constructive posts have been ignored or dismissed without comprehension, in which case merriment making might as well ensue.

I think that I get more merriment from watching politicians arguing about the EU.

For a short time it has made politics slightly interesting for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back