Improving on TRV

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the cause in your example is foolish positioning of the room stat.

I can see why that would lead to problems. The TRVs are not the cause of the problems, and will, at least, prevent wasteful overheating of the other rooms.

Sponsored Links
Sure it wouldn't be too tough to rig some sort of heat circulating fan like off a log burner to even the heat throughout the room then some sort of multi zone room stat like a hive linked to a zone valve on the radiator feed. Expensive and a bit pointless but would achieve the aim.

Sponsored Links
Sunlight - is radiant heat and should not be allowed to interfere with any temperature measuring devices.
Whatever sort of heat it is, doesn't it affect the temperature of the room? Of course, rule number one is not to put any thermostat where the sun shines. The extra delay due to the slow sensor in a TRV cannot be an advantage. The heating / cooling time of the room is there, whatever so no worries about 'smoothing out' any change in temperature. A room stat can be moved to a 'good' place in the room but a TRV is stuck where it is.
I should have realised this but, as you guys do not monitor the performance of your installations when you commission them, you can hardly be expected to be able to compare their performances from experience. Therefore, I can't expect an informed opinion about how well an improved (electronic) system can work.
If a customer asked you about installing a smart system, would you just tell them that TRVs are the only way to go? My life, just think of the profit already.

Jesus, they're all coming out of the woodwork.

Where's 90?

Another pair of really useful comments. Why don't you guys grow up a bit and take an interest in the subject that, I assume, is your life's work? Or is it too hard to understand? I would sympathise if it were. I must admit, I have some problems with Rocket Science but I wouldn't BS about it in an open forum.

I don't believe there is anything left to discuss, you have single handedly solved all first world problems. The only people who are entertaining your dribble as valid are utter jobsworths anyway. Crack on.

I would advise them with my knowledge and experience, of which you have none.
And you would be letting them down, in the light of the 'knowledge' you have posted here and your apparent problem with modern technology.
How could you possibly know about my knowledge and experience? I get the impression that you have no idea about what I have been posting.

Sure it wouldn't be too tough to rig some sort of heat circulating fan like off a log burner to even the heat throughout the room then some sort of multi zone room stat like a hive linked to a zone valve on the radiator feed. Expensive and a bit pointless but would achieve the aim.
I do have a stove top fan which has a mild sort of effect and the very point of my proposed solution is that I can't easily zone the three radiators in question but a wireless room stat could achieve the zoning.
I am amazed at the dinosaur attitude of some of our potty mouthed brethren. I wonder if they know what an 'ad hominem' argument is.

Sunlight - is radiant heat and should not be allowed to interfere with any temperature measuring devices.
Whatever sort of heat it is, doesn't it affect the temperature of the room? Of course, rule number one is not to put any thermostat where the sun shines. The extra delay due to the slow sensor in a TRV cannot be an advantage. The heating / cooling time of the room is there, whatever so no worries about 'smoothing out' any change in temperature. A room stat can be moved to a 'good' place in the room but a TRV is stuck where it is.
I should have realised this but, as you guys do not monitor the performance of your installations when you commission them, you can hardly be expected to be able to compare their performances from experience. Therefore, I can't expect an informed opinion about how well an improved (electronic) system can work.
If a customer asked you about installing a smart system, would you just tell them that TRVs are the only way to go? My life, just think of the profit already.
Spot on brother! these forums are full of you know who ..... and they only know how to you know what........its a fact. and then they gang up on you, and when you say something nasty back at them, they run crying to the nearest mod for a shelter like a little bully running back to his mama after he gets his own medicine, such is the attitude on these forums, one is better off on google or youtube for a lot better advice. Bunch of idiots as you saw a remark made against my post earlier on!

Oh and they pat each other giving each other inflated thanks, that is why their thanks count is higher because they lick one anothers I won't say what.

Last edited:
Says the man who hates children.

Thing is when knowitall Google Warriors crap out of the ether it is amusing to see the floundering around trying to argue with people from a position of blissful ignorance.

Last edited:
Spot on brother! these forums are full of you know who ..... and they only know how to you know what........its a fact. and then they gang up on you, and when you say something nasty back at them, they run crying to the nearest mod for a shelter like a little bully running back to his mama after he gets his own medicine, such is the attitude on these forums, one is better off on google or youtube for a lot better advice. Bunch of idiots as you saw a remark made against my post earlier on!

It's amazing that they bother to post at all. The other forums (different subject) that I visit are so much more civilised and people want to help and also to learn something. These boys just want to hand out dated advice and be thanked profusely for it. A cheap ego trip if you ask me. They cannot cope with anyone questioning their so called expertise. They must be very fragile people.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back