In car camera recorders. Any opinions?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife bought me a new car camera shortly before Christmas, (HP f870g), which seemed ideal. Unfortunately last week it just gave up the ghost and stopped working. Returned it and discovered it was actually made for the Pacific/Asian market not Europe. So now I am on the lookout for a new camera.
Want one with front and rear cameras and hopefully GPS with a few other gimmicks. Looking to pay around £100
Do any of you guys have any preferences/favourites/ ones to avoid?

Sponsored Links
I thought about fitting a dashcam, but then I realised I don't want my bad driving habits to have any witness's.

I thought about fitting a dashcam, but then I realised I don't want my bad driving habits to have any witness's.

Vaguely related to your post, I thought that the Chief Constable who was reported yesterday to be advocating zero-tolerance on speeding, to be ripe for a sting operation; bung a tracker on his motor, and see how long it would take for him to lose his licence :whistle:

Sponsored Links
Vaguely related to the difference between truth & the real truth . . . Do a Google on 'Beverley Bell' the traffic commissioner who was allowed to resign when her position became untenable !

Check out "techmoan" on youtube, he gets the car cameras and reviews them.

THere is a range from Halfords that's pretty good.
Don't believe the hype you see on them, go off a good review.

BTW - just to confirm - you want to record what's happening outside the car (not inside) don't you? lol

But Dork, she's your better......

My better? I think not.

Do you know me? Do you think you know me?

I have an LGV licence & show an interest into what happens in the LGV world. I also show an interest into what exactly happens in the corrupt circles of our civil service . . . & Bev is a classic example !

My better? I think not.

I have an LGV licence & show an interest into what happens in the LGV world. I also show an interest into what exactly happens in the corrupt circles of our civil service . . . & Bev is a classic example !

Sorry Dork, no offence intended.
It's a bit of an in-joke at work (when a lack-wit manager issues some dumb-ass edict) :D

"But they're better than you........", said with an ironic tone!

My better? I think not.

You're a bloke like the rest of us; or course we know you.

Edit: Women have to be the better half just to be able to put up with us.

Trust me, I'm the least indoctrinated person you'll ever meet. That's why I don't fit in with society. You don't do social interactions if you've got aspergers, you just have to learn not to open your mouth, and **** another person off.

Ive been looking for a time now a camera that will record back and front on a Movano Van.

Id beebn sending footage to the police every week of crap dangerous drivers on our roads

Ive been looking for a time now a camera that will record back and front on a Movano Van.

Id beebn sending footage to the police every week of crap dangerous drivers on our roads

If you are in the West Midlands, WM Police are only too happy to follow up your footage of potential law breaking on the roads. Just send them the footage.

Oh BTW, you need to be a cyclist and the 'offender' needs to be using any other vehicle except for a cycle. Otherwise FU.

I'm probably going to go for a rear facing cam too, as there seems to be just as much going on behind me as there is in front of me nowadays.

If you are in the West Midlands, WM Police are only too happy to follow up your footage of potential law breaking on the roads. Just send them the footage.

Oh BTW, you need to be a cyclist and the 'offender' needs to be using any other vehicle except for a cycle. Otherwise FU.

I'm probably going to go for a rear facing cam too, as there seems to be just as much going on behind me as there is in front of me nowadays.
Has the misfortune of having to negotiate Smethwick, and Brum, yesterday.
To call it driving is misrepresentation. "FU" is a good summary.

Sponsored Links
Back