Incinerator/boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was thinking of diying my own incinerator/boiler to run on solid fuel ,household waste and farm waste and anything thats burns basically.
I have looked at one a neighbour has built and it looks within my capability. I have had a look inside it and seen the gasification secondary burner system and hope to copy this.

The automatic air damper is a problem though. :(
All you see sticking out of the top of the boiler is a lever about 150mm long which moves back and forward as the boiler heat up and cools down.
Does anyone on the furum know how this is perfected ?.
It must be non electric , simple and reliable and be able to withstand the high temperatures associated with solid fuel boilers.

Sponsored Links
Ask your neighbour. I know a way of doing it, but I don't know flues are dangerous. ;)

Oilman wrote

Ask your neighbour. I know a way of doing it.

He wont tell me how its done. Trade secret and all that. :(
You could tell me though. :D

I don't think your neighbour would like that, and his dad might be bigger than my dad.

You'd better do it properly and use a lambda sensor in the (dangerous) flue.

Sponsored Links
Why has my post on this topic been deleted, and by whom?

Because I'm human, and because we are all pratts at some time or other.

Are you saying that perfectly polite, reasonable and relevant posts have been deleted because you think I'm being a pratt?

oilman said:
I don't think your neighbour would like that, and his dad might be bigger than my dad.

You'd better do it properly and use a lambda sensor in the (dangerous) flue.

No electrics oilman. Has to be mechanical operation only.!
Any other ideas ?.

At a guess a brass rod mechanism like they have in conservatories which expand and contract with the heat to open and close vents, just a thought.
Pete

Cheers Fluffster. :)
Have had some feedback on another forum which relates to using thermal metallic expansion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back