incompetent cooker connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol **** sake so how can I rectify the situation without having to pay for a sparkie, and what about if I just wanted to make it safe but not working

Sponsored Links
I don't find if particularly amusing that tenants have allowed unqualified persons to perform work, not agreed with the property owner and are then willing to leave this not as let and potentially dangerous.

It is still a bit vague to me what you have, is it a live cable/flex that is coming from an accessory/outlet plate?
If so I would remove the cable that is causing the problem, therefore potential hazard removed. But the landlord must be informed, the property does not belong to you, and you should not be touching these type of things without agreement with the landlord and the use of qualified persons.
But of course use a qualified electrician or one that the landlord has insisted on.

if I dont get my 800 pound deposit bk im screwed
You should have thought about that before you allowed an unauthorised and incompetent fool to mess with the electrical installation in a flat which was not yours to mess with.

Sponsored Links
cor there is some attitude on here, I couldnt afford to get an electrician in to sort it and id already bought an electric cooker at the time, it worked fine for a coupke of years, ive tied the cable into a connector block and hid it behind the kitchen unit. it seems like the cable ran straight from the fuse box into cooker point switch, ive turned it off at the fuse box so hopefully I get away with it and when they come round to check the house hopefully they dont check if the cooker switch light comes on. and I dont really give a flying f $ ck what the landlord thinks as I payed his rent ontime for 2 years and he virtually refused to help with anything that needed doing, anyway thanks for everyone who tried to help me its much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back