Incomplete wash cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,
Wonder if any one can help. I have a Hotpoint washine machine which does not complete its wash cycle. Any idea on what the problem is ? My machine is a Hotpoint "First Edition 1200 WM53" model.
Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Hi Breezer,

Are you still there?
Sorry if I am not doing something right here.
I am quite new to this site and have only just found out how to post mesages in the forum section but not sure how to pick replies when they have been sent to me but I am still waiting anyway.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi Breezer,

I have restarted the machine again and found that the machine loaded cold water until water became hot and it continued to do so.

After a while it started an echoing sound similar to what you hear when a kettle is boilng. This carried on for about 2-3minutes.
After this, a continous tapping sound was heard. From a lay man's point of view, I think its trying to roll the drum but unable to do so (not sure whether I am right or wrong) as the drum has not rolled for the past 30mins or so that I have switched the machine on.

Is this specific enough ? :confused:

It has since stopped, although the light is still on to show that there is power in the machine but no movement or sound for the past 20mins.

I am on my way out now and will check the site for any updates or advice from Breezer or any of you experts out there later.

Thanks,

Daveed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back