Increase shower height

n_m

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

My bathroom fitters have installed the following shower https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/nova-round-thermostatic-shower-kit-with-bath-filler only to find the telescopic shower arm extends to only approx 1m or so from the mixer; meaning the shower head is below head height when standing in the bath! The mixer has a spout to fill the bath, so I assume that's why it was fitted at this height.

The height needs to increase by about 50 cm (so about 150cm from the mixer).

Is there a way to do this without moving the mixer? Is it possible to buy a replacement riser pipe of the required length i.e. 150cm or thereabouts? Is there anywhere that can create a pipe with the appropriate connectors? The fitters will resume in a few weeks, so trying to get some info in advance.

Cheers,

Nick

Attachments

• IMG_20240119_202812.png
    IMG_20240119_202812.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20240119_202830.png
    IMG_20240119_202830.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
Sponsored Links
The top section to the rain head is telescopic .
If you release the small lever on the left hand side how much does the top section move upward?

Funny. Up Sloane Square yesterday I pointed to a building that I fitted a shower to my height. When the fella come home he was 6'7 and the shower come to his chest.

Tell him to deal with it.

Aqualisa do an extendable head.

The top section to the rain head is telescopic .
If you release the small lever on the left hand side how much does the top section move upward?

Max height is 118cm from mixer to the top pipe, so still short. I've seen pipe extensions for sale such as these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shower-Pipe-Extension-Arm-Inch/dp/B08N2S2XFJ?th=1 might do the trick.

Or I may just do away with the fixed shower head altogether - putting a blanking cap in the connector on the mixer.

nvs06-cp_t1a.png

Sponsored Links
Funny. Up Sloane Square yesterday I pointed to a building that I fitted a shower to my height. When the fella come home he was 6'7 and the shower come to his chest.

Must be some nice bathrooms in that part of London! Mine in deepest south London is a little more basic I'd imagine.

I see there's a similar shower to mine but with greater extendability - presumably from the same factory in China, but to different specifications :unsure:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You're only 5'.6"

Andy

Must be some nice bathrooms in that part of London! Mine in deepest south London is a little more basic I'd imagine.

I see there's a similar shower to mine but with greater extendability - presumably from the same factory in China, but to different specifications :unsure:

I cocked up by putting the pipes in to low in a house in Epping.

Same situation as you. It cost me. I had to buy an Aqualisa that only a select few merchants would stock.

It happened a long time ago, but I'll look to see if I can find.

Don't buy a Chinese

I think this will get you out of trouble.

Screenshot_20240123_210525_eBay.jpg

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I think this will get you out of trouble.

View attachment 330498
That's not going to get the op the 1500 mm that he is looking for unfortunately Bod.
The extension pieces he linked to would.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back