Increasing overall temperature in the house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 3 bed mid-terreaced with open-plan living and dinning area, the house has had cavity insulation and the recommended amount of loft insulation, as well as wall mounted radiator heat reflectors. The problem is the house always seems cold unless the combi boiler has been on all day, I was wondering if replacing the old rotary room thermostat to a digital one, and replacing the radiators from the old fashioned ones to newer ones would make any improvements?
House has double glazing and been draught proofed as best as possible. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, the boiler is about 7/8 years old valliant, unsure of model number but seems effective enough, when choosing rads is there anything i need to look for, or is higher BTU value better?

Would changing the thermo be recommended anyway to get a more accurate reading or is it £40 wasted?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back