Possible need to upgrade 1950s CH

Sponsored Links
email in profile. Give us a shout. If its local, i'll poke my head in.

She had someone to come into to look at it when I suggested doing so, having noticed that soot was falling out of the front. He said that it repeatedly failed tests on flue flow and that flames were coming out of the front...

Thanks

It is obviously severely sooted up!

The question that arises in my mind is why the previous engineer was unable to clean it or identify what had caused the boiler to suddenly soot up after so many years of normal operation.

Tony

Sponsored Links
As said before Tony, there's not much to go wrong, flue and ventilation.

I think the engineer is trying to generate work.

Many thanks to those of you who contributed. As you implied, what the boiler needed was a good clean, performed by a competent and scrupulous person. That has now been done. There is still a slight tendency for soot to form, and there is carbon monoxide (at most 10ppm). I plan to increase the ventilation to the room for that. (The existing vent seems to be properly sized and clean but is rather tortuously routed.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back