Indecit washer drier problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently my washing machine has been leaking and today when I used it at the end of the cycle all of the four lights along the top were flashing. I turned it off and then the door light was stuck on red. I tried to set it to do a spin but nothing happened. The only thing it would let me do was another full wash which it did but then I had the same problem. I cleaned the filter on the bottom right and I unplugged it from the mains but it didn't fix it. I eventually had to take the top off and open the door manually. The machine had no water in it. My question is if I run another cycle am I going to have the same problem? If so, does anyone know how I fix this?

Fir info about 5 mins after it had stopped all the lights lit up again and it started making the noise as though it was drying but the drier was not set.

Sponsored Links
Put it on the wash programme again and note what it does.
Part fill the drum with water first just enough so you can see it above the bottom of the drum. You can then see it drain.

Remove or just open the powder tray so you can see water coming in when it fills so you know theres def water coming into the machine.

Then note what happens next.

Do you know where its leaking from? Ideally this needs to be resolved first before proceeding as its likely the cause of the problem your having.

I have just put another load in and realised I had left something out so went to open door to put it in and door won't open - this is before I have even set a program so obviously something wrong with door. Looks like I will be taking top off again later. Does this sound like an electrical problem rather than a problem with the latch? It's definitely filling up with water and seems to be draining fine.

If its electrical you would hear the locking mechanism engage.
If its the latch (mechanical) well remove plug from wall to see if it locks up again. Open and close a few times just to be sure, also see if it makes a difference depending on how you close the door.

Sponsored Links
I did try unplugging it but the door would still not open even with no power and as soon as I plugged it back in the red door lock light came on.

I mean after you have taken the lid off to open manually.

The cycle has finished and all the lights were flashing after about 5 minutes it started again as though it was drying and then after about 5 more minutes stopped. Now all lights flashing and door won't open. I have taken a picture but I don't know how to add it to this post!!!

Are you putting it on a wash programme with drying function selected?

Cancel programme then

Try on a rinse cycle only i.e no heat, no drying.
Then try on a short wash programme i.e no drying
Then try on a dry only cycle.

What problems do you have on each?

Think you could have a heating element fault, possibly fan.

I had set it to do a normal wash no drying selected. Yesterday I did a short wash. I cannot set it to do a dry now as the clothes trapped inside are unsuitable. Just gone to look at it now and all the lights have stopped flashing but the pause light is blinking. It's like it doesn't think it has finished. I have pressed the off button and the red door light is on. It has now started up again by itself with all lights flashing and will stop in 5 mins with the pause button flashing!!!

Really you need to locate the leak, find the cause and fix that problem first to be sure its not related.

Have just took top off and released the lock. With the power off once door initially unlocked it opened and closed fine. I may just have to keep the top unscrewed and just release the door manually every time!! The washing is clean and the spin has worked so it looks as though it is doing its job. Am going to leave it unplugged overnight and then tomorrow do a quick wash/dry and see what happens!!

It has been unplugged for 3 days and I have just done a quick wash/dry. It did the wash and then same routine flashing lights start stop and door won't open. I tried to do just a dry and it won't do it the drier not working at all. Your opinion about the fan may be right. Any idea if this will be an expensive repair?

Ok now I have a new problem! I have been using the machine and I have had to open and close the door a couple of times to get it to work because the red door light was flashing. Have just gone to do a wash and it won't start no matter how many times I open and close door. Red light just flashing. Any ideas???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back