Indesit DIF 04 keeps beeping!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Indesit DIF 04 dishwasher keeps beeping!! When opening the door no lights on. Tried unplugging and switching off at mains and restarts but then stops half way through with beeping again. Cleaned filters, unplugged, put in rinsaid but still cycle beeping and eventually stops. Can anyone help- beeping driving me insane!

Sponsored Links
Remove door panel and check the wireing harness is not broken

I ve taken the door off and all wires look in tact. How would I know if the harness was broken? Nothing looks broken as far as I can see.

Give the orange wires a gently tug there's a bar over the loom and that rubs on the harness. Does it wash when you start it up do the spray arms move.

Sponsored Links
hi rocks, yes it starts up fine when started, spray arms move i think, it gets hot and then seems to stop. Seems to be heating fine as when opened it is steaming.
When I open door, no lights are on. When I press on/off button nothing happens. When I press the P button, the second wash light lights up. If I close it starts all over again.
Had a look at orange wires, all seems fine.
Why on earth won't the cycle complete?!

When you press the p button it should go from light to light till you stop on a programme then shut the door then it should wash. Do any lights flash how far into the cycle does it stop. Did you check the 2 brown wires in the door they are the power wires these wires are very prone to breaking.

so I screwed it all back together again rocky...
Switched it on, used P to get to the second programme (supposed to be 1 hr 45 mins) and shut the door. It ran fine for 46 minutes, then stopped. It single beeped three times, and now keeps beeping every 30 seconds.
On opening up steam is coming out, no lights are visible but all water has drained out and I don't think the cycle has fully run.
Any suggestions? This is what it has done 3 times now.

Does it do it on other programmes does the other buttons work when you press the p button ie to use another programe.

I emptied the dishwasher after last update (plates were clean having been through 3 times!) and left it open, having not pressed any buttons. Ten minutes later it randomnly beeped and the 'on' button light and the second programme light appeared. I left it and a minute later all lights went off again. I've now selected the first programme instead, I ll see what happens now....

Sounds like u got a ghost there if it starts up by it's self. Can you check the plug and put it into another socket. And try it it might be a dodgy socket if it starts up by itself especially if it's on a extension lead.

ok the first programme stopped one minute in and beeped. I opened it up and no lights were showing. The on button does nothing. I pressed the P button and the programme lights and on button appeared again.
I selected the first programme again and now it's running. Let's see...

This is what I mean its driving me crazy and beeping like an ear test! Cant put in another plug as it's a fitted plug and won't reach. I've checked its connected a dozen times, there appears nothing wrong with the plug.

It may be connected but the plug SOCKET on the wall may be faulty have you got a extension lead you can put the plug and run it see if it still cuts out this will the rule out the socket is faulty or not. I'm just trying to run you though a couple of tests. It's leading towards a power supply fault. Ie socket door switch or wiring on the door but you have checked the wiring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back