Indesit - HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all..

I got given an indesit washing machine about 3 months ago and it has been working fine. I don't know what type of indesit it is, but it has two dials on the front one for temperature and one for programmes and program 8 is the half hour wash if this is any help.

We moved last weekend and machine worked fine all last week until this weekend. i used a different program to normal which wrked ok. then i put towels in (didnt overload) switched it on to program 4 at 40 degrees. it worked but towels came out soaking wet still and had soap on them still. i let them dry then put them in to wash again....this time the washer didnt do anything. the program dial turned as it should, it made all the right noises, but it didnt fill with water, the drum didnt turn at all but yet the sap in the drawer disappeared!!! very annoying. :confused:

Please help if u have any ideas as its my first ever washing machine and im getting really stressed, we arent in a position to buy a new one and cant afford to call a service man out unless it is really necessary!!!

Thanks in advance! Kirstyx :oops:

Sponsored Links
jus to inform any of you that might be able to help, ive had a closer look at machine and its a 'w123'. please help if u can - any suggestions will be appreciated

thanks kirstyx

HI.
Firstly has the machine worked since you moved?
Does the machine empty the water out ok?
If the soap is gone from the drawer then it must have been taken into the machine when it filled.
If the answer to the above is yes. Turn the dial to a black dot and it will reset the timer. The red light will flash rapidly to show it has reset.
The light will then flash slowly to say it is ready to run a programme.
I would need more info to work with if you are still having problems. Cheers Eric.

Sponsored Links
hi thanks for the reply....yes it has worked since we have moved.

it didn't drain properly the last time it worked...then wen i tried again with soap it didnt fill up or do anything!!!!! but the soap went. i will try that and see what happens. please let me know if u think of anything else.

thanks again

kirstyx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back