Indesit IDL 505 tripping out.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Indesit that trips out the electrics every time I switch it on.

Any tips on how to identify the problem cause.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
More detail needed, what exactly does it trip out(mcb or rcd?)At what stage of the cycle does it trip, power on at isolator? power on at machine? when start button pressed? part way through a cycle?

Thanks for your reply.

If the door is open I can switch the power on and this is ok. If I shut the door and switch the power on it trips the RCD at the mains board.

It is full of water as it tripped during a wash(eco, setting 3)

Hope this helps.

I think the first thing I would do is disconnect & insulate the wires to the heater element & then try again. If you want to empty it, you can drop the drain hose down to ground level & gravity will let the water escape ( best if you can do it either outside or next to an outside door. If it's ok with the heater disconnected then probably the element has gone short circuit, if not you are possibly looking at a new motor.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back