Indesit IDL530 Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my dishwasher is not emptying and the first 2 lights on the left are flashing any ideas as to the fault and possible fix please

thanks

Sponsored Links
blocked pump ,remove filters and with a coat hanger stick in the hole in the sump and give it a tickle otherwise tip mc on the left hand side and remove drain pump.

Thanks did as suggested and ran a cylce empty seems to be working fine will try a full cycle when we have enough dirty dishes

Sponsored Links
This machine has been temperamental for some time, now permanently not happy:
Machine starts (any programme) with drain pump going. After approx 20 sec, the inlet solenoid fires, and maybe the other solenoid as well, which fills the thin plastic holder at the left upper rear of the unit - the one with the reed switch on the water wheel. About 1 min later, the circ pump should start. It used to mostly start OK, sometimes not but now always not. Instead the outlet pump starts, just draining the few of litres of water away and LEDs 1 & 3 flash at 1Hz ("circ pump not running").

I've manually driven the logic line on the control board with a low V - that's the logic line which goes to the circ pump control IC and found the circ pump runs fine every time (blue wire), as does the outlet pump (black wire). Same with the 2 solenoids (inlet is red wire, the other one whatever it's for, is purple). Even tablet solenoid is OK (blue wire). All appears fine?!
The feed from the water switch to the control board (grey wire) activates after approx 1 minute, when water has gone via the plastic container into the top of the d/w - seems correct.

So I got a new control board but alas no cigar. New control board went through some initialisation which included driving the circ pump. Which worked fine.

So - more digging....
Reed switch on water wheel looks fine when monitored with 'scope on control board - pulsing waveform seen when it spins.
Brown wire from circ pump via a microswitch mounted near to the pump is always active. Not sure what that switch is doing.
Heater coil is low resistance and switch (overtemp cut-out?) is short - sounds fine.
Microswitch for water-in-base is open circuit as expected (orange & brown wires)

Any ideas? - I've run out!
(I've drawn a fag-packet-style schematic of the thing if useful to anyone)
Thanks.

Some more digging resulted in a fix:
Water switch was not operating when it was filling with water just prior to when the circ pump should start to run, causing the "circ pump not running" LED flash sequence to be shown. Fault was cured by sticking finger down the drain hole inside d/w, with filters removed, and clearing out the (out-of-sight) crud that was blocking the feed to the pipe connecting to water switch. Crud had somehow got past the filter, leading to this intermittent problem, which eventually became permanent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back