Indesit (In de sh*t)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a problem with a Indesit W161

1) Loud banging when going onto spin (did not do it all the time)
2) Now wont go into fast spin
3) Occasionally left black/brown spots on clothes

Got the machine in May (03) although not connected up til July (03).

The inner drum itself has the slightest play....

Read other posts/forums and seems to point to the bearings, any other advice or guidance will be appreciated.... ;)

Sponsored Links
Sadly Breezer not here :cry:

I did have a similar problem as you and used this website to help me. I think you need to click on number 9

Cheers for the link....

After a few hours of trying to find out what was going on, it turned out to be multiple problems.....

Bearings were on there way out (not bad, but...)
Pair of the Mrs underwear stuck between the drums...
Motor not going to a fast spin..(either the programme or motor)

I can only put all this down to the underwear getting stuck in the first place....

Gave up miserably.....and went shopping for a new one :cry:

Sponsored Links
Bl**ding womens underwear eh? I once had to strip down my tumble dryer to remove, what appeared to be, a piece of coat hanger wire, that had wrapped itself around the shaft at the back. Turned out to be an "underwire" from my daughters bra.

On my daughters part, you'd expect an embarassed appology to be in order. You'd be wrong. She has the cheek to accuse me of ruining her bra, because I've completely bent the wire out of shape and expects me to pay for a new one! :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back