Indesit W143S UK Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I could do with some help diagnosing a problem. I have an Indesit W143SUK which keeps sticking mid cycle. It stops full of water with the light flashing 5 times and the dial clicking round. If I drain the machine from the pump it seems to temporarily fix the problem and it works again - sometimes for just a couple of cycles, sometimes for a few weeks.

Is it likely this is just the pump or something else?

Sponsored Links
5 flashes means obstruction try and clean waste pipe poss blocked at the end that goes into the sink /stand pipe end .

Thanks for that. I've taken off the waste pipe, flushed it through and put it back on but it wasn't blocked. Any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
Hi, for anyone who might be interested. I changed the pump about 6 weeks ago and that seems to have completely fixed the problem.

One thing to watch out for if you're going to change a pump though.... there seems to be different versions of the pump and despite getting a genuine Indesit pump with exactly the same sticker and reference number on, there's one critical difference. The new pump had a small hole in the side of the filter housing where the old one had a blanked off plug. I didn't notice the difference at first and caused a bit of a flood first time I turned it on. Swapping the filter housing with the old pump sorted it out and has worked fine ever since!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back