INDESIT wash machine WI 101 not moving drum or taking water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please! This machine appears as if it is going to start, it will reset on any of the three reset lines on the programmer, and appears to 'read' the program in, with quick flashing light, but then stops with the red light permanently on. Door is locked, but no water taken in or drum movement. Also, if just a spin cycle is selected it does not spin, and just a drain does not drain. Have checked the LB2000 Uni-ST logic card for dry joints, no joy. Suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for the help. I tried moving the drum by hand, no inclination for motor to pick up. Also, the pump drain motor doesn't work, so I don't think it is brushes on the drum motor.

yes it is check the brushes no fill no spin is worn brushes .it takes the netural supply on the motor out .

Sponsored Links
OK, will check and get back. How do I know if they are worn to the point that they are a problem?

Thanks. Will have to check tomorrow as wife hassling to get machine back under worksurface so she can do everyone dinner. Will post more tomorrow after checking in the morning.

Well, I checked the brushes, and as you guys said, they were worn to unusable. As in the YouTube video link from Rocks1, one of the brushes was matt where it had been arcing. I got some brushes locally (bit more pricey but very quick with missus on my back) and hey presto! The machine is back to life.

A very strange circuit that can stop the whole machine, pump, water inlet etc when the main brush motors go, but my apologies for doubting you guys, you were both spot on!

Thank you both again, along with all sorts of other grief this breakdown was all I needed before Christmas, and to fix it quickly and cheaply has really helped.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back