Indesit washer motor bushes

dhc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I looked at a relatives washing machine last night, an Indesit Omega 1200 1290W, which is probably 10 or 12 years old. It goes through all and any cycle completely, except that the drum does not tumble or spin. No sign of any loose connections or that the motor has burnt out, however the motor brushes are worn out. I'm guessing that because it completes cycles, the machine thinks it's working normally and the problem isn't electrical. Is this how it would happen with worn brushes?
I took a brush off, then replaced it ..... stupid thing to do, I should have brought it home. I expected to be able to identify the brushes from the motor code, but it doesn't work that way on spares sites.
The motor is an Indesco 1012A. Can anyone tell me how to identify the correct bushes for this motor, i.e. code number or description?
I've found what are most certainly the right type of bushes online, but need to know if the motor is the 'older type' with a locating slot (I'm pretty sure it is) and if its clockwise or counter-clockwise rotation.
Thanks,
Dom.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I know that site and a few others but none of them give enough info for me to know which bushes are for the Indesco 1012A motor.

Can't you compare the old ones with the pic of the new ones?You will probably need to get new holders as well as brushes. To be honest I had a hell of a job to get the correct brushes for an old Zanussi just going by the tech data.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back