1. We are pleased to announce the 'Home Automation' forum. Click here to get involved!

indesit washing machine wont drain

Discussion in 'Appliances' started by diz01, 21 Nov 2007.

This topic originated from the How to page called Washing machine troubleshooting.

1. diz01

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    can someone please help me?? i have an indesit washing machine and it wont drain water.When it is the time to drain all the lights on the machine come on an nothing happens.Can someone please help me as it has been two weeks now without a machine lol

2. Sleepyhead

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If there is a filter on the front (behind the kick plate), remove it to clean it out. (lot of towels required as there will be a lot of water to come out if the drum is full).
    If no filter then there's likely to be something jamming the pump and that would have to be stripped out to clear it.

3. diz01

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    there is a kick plate but i cant get it off..can u tel me how to get it off plz??

4. diz01

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    ok sorry i got the kickplate off an now takin the filter out there is water coming out aswell.. wat do i do now that i have the filter out??thnx

5. diz01

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    i got the pump out an there was around 6 or 7 womens hair clips in it would this affect the drain of the water and should i try it again??

6. diz01

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    thank you very much i got it workin after i took all the crap from the filter now its saweet again tyvm..clean clothes are a blessing lol

7. gabor85

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    hi! can you tell me how can i just turn it?n i take the filter out? can i just turn it?it's very hard and don't turn.thx

8. gabor85

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    sorry!so how can i take the filter out?

9. MarkJ15

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    hey there im having the same problem but i do not know what a kick plate is please help me ?? xxx :D

10. rocks1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    kick strip is at the bottom on the front of machine it unclips.

11. MarkJ15

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    hey there how do i unclip the filter do i trun it or what ?

12. rocks1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    clips are on the edge.

13. TCDrog

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Note 1: Biggest culprit ... hair clips, cocktail sticks and coins.

Note 2:You might want to put some newspaper / rags on the floor as this will be messy.

1. To remove kick panel - tip machine back so you can see underneath and use a flat head screwdriver to praise off the panel

2. Use a pliers to unscrew filter cap (anti clockwise).... With the cap off you will see the insert that is designed to catch and hold debris.

3. Squeeze the Insert arms together and remove to wash and clean.

4. Clean our the filter chamber before first replacing the insert and then the cap.

5. As this will probably be the first time you have cleaned the filter .... put a wash through and repeat the filter cleaning process.

Note: you should probably clean the filter a couple of time a year ...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. issykirkpatrick

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Not sure if this is the right way to reply here but thankyou for your post, I got my machine working again and found that if I used a container and gently released the filter I could contain a lot of water but still needed loads of towels. I still have a problem though. When machine starts to drain/spin there is the most awful noise that would seem to be coming from the pipe attached to the filter. I know to unscrew the four screws on the filter but not sure what to do next?
    Hope you can help once again
    Thanks

15. yardie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Spin the drum by hand, could be something between drum and housing, do you hear or feel anything.

Do you mean drain pump when you say remove 4 screws?

Best bet is to remove drain pump and drum sump, clean and re-fit. Also checking the connecting pipes are clear from obstruction.