Indesit wd12s flood/power issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.
I have just joined this forum and am really hoping someone can help.
We put a load on this morning, and earlier on, when my wife opened the door, water went every where! :cry:
I checked the pump at the front, (and used it to empty the water), and there didn't seem to be anything stuck in there.

The program selector keeps clicking round, there's no led on the power button, and the dry led comes on at 0 but now when it's on clothesline dry :confused:

Unplugged, took top off, and found a brown wire with black soot on.
Both the wife and I then remembered a burning smell when the machine was on last night, but though not too much about it as the wash finished OK.

We really need this sorted. My wife is due to have twins on Thursday, so this is a hassle we really could have done without.

Thanks

//media.diynot.com/160000_159797_30986_21117483_thumb.jpg

//media.diynot.com/160000_159797_30987_22400864_thumb.jpg

//media.diynot.com/160000_159797_30988_14875194_thumb.jpg

//media.diynot.com/160000_159797_30989_89165268_thumb.jpg

//media.diynot.com/160000_159797_30990_83225174_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
Put it on a wash cycle and count the flashes on the power button ,on off button. It should go flash flash. Rapid flash ,that means 2 flashes etc

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

There is no power light, (well, there is, but it's not working since all this).

When I try to put it on a wash cycle, the dial just goes round. Even when I try to reset it, in case it was stuck in a cycle, no light, just spinning dial.

The light is the bank of 3 switches only one has a red light on. Are u saying that light does not work. Never known one to blow.

Sponsored Links
There are two lights on machine, one above on/off button, and one between dryer dial and temp dial (for dryer).
The on/off one doesn't light up.
The dryer one lights up but on 0 and turns off on clothsline dry setting.

Hope that helps.

Just started pressing the on/off button, but now all the way in, and get the led to come on for a second.

Right when it errors that light flashes. Tell me how many flashes. Have u checked the motor brushes poss worn and does it drain out of the waste very fast.

The machine was off when my wife opened the door. That's when the water came out everywhere. So it doesn't seem like it was draining at all. I have checked the pump at the front, and there's nothing stuck in there. When I mess with the power button, it doesn't stay lit long enough to give an error code. There is power going into the machine, as there is a humming sound but no drum turn, and also the dryer light comes on, but not at the right setting.
The program dial clicks continuiously, never settling on a cycle.
The brown wire from the capacitor at the back to the circle part on the side (don't know what it's called) has blackening to it. Also seems to be lackening to cables near behind power button.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back