Indesit WL101 - Will not stop filling -

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All -

I have come to the end of the road trying to fix our washing machine..

Due to our in house washing machine failing, we have needed to resort to an old, but hardly used Indesit WL101 washing machine in the garage.

It has worked ok for 2 washes, but today It would not stop filling

Facts -

1 - will not stop filling
2 - stops filling when the power is turned off
3 - I have disconnect the pipe to the water level sensor and blown compressed air down it to the drum - no obstruction (air was heard inside the drum)
4 - I have blown down the pipe connected to the water level sensor, and the relay clicks
5 - I have started a cycle, and tried to stop the water filling by blowing into the pipe going to the water level sensor - making the switch click, but the water not stop.
6 - I cancelled the cycle, and then I can drain the water from the drum (but I have to turn off the water supply as the valve still remains open), but once the water has drained, th the drain pump seems to keep going. Then it stops, but hums
7 - in the "stop position" , I can hear a relay on the PCB clicking on and off slowly (in the same way it would when turning the motor on and off to agitate the wash - even though selector switch is set to stop)
8 - quick visual inspection of the PCB (capacitors) seems ok, but not done a full visual for any corrosion

Scrap? or Fix?

Many thanks
G

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back