Infrared Bathroom Heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Just finishing of the bathroom. There was an old 750W Infared strip heater in the bathroom, it was bit past it's best so we want to replace it. Problem is I cannot find anywhere that sells 750W heaters, there are 500W heaters but I was looking for bigger than that. I have found a few 1.8KW heaters but problem is that would the old cabling for the 750W heater be OK for the 1.8KW heater.

If not what cabling would I need or does anybody know where to get 750W heaters

Thanks

Craig

Sponsored Links
would this do?

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/DXIRX1200.html

DXIRX1200.JPG

Location is important regarding the zones as is notification of works within a wet area.

You didn't post details on the cable that exists already, but 1200w / 230v = < 5A Hopefully that is run off a fused spur via the ring main, if so change the fuse to 5A for safety and make sure that the CPC / earth is bonded to any metal bathroom pipework.

Check the Wiki, if my post is "dutch, as in double" :LOL:

Cheers mate, not sure what the current cable is.

Thanks for the website for the heater, just pity they don't deliever nationwide as they class the heater as fragile

Cheers

Craig

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back