Inserting Junction into an existing soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Just fishing for any advice with respect to inserting a junction into an existing soil stack that runs internally (boxed in) inside the house with the top protruding from the roof tiles.

I am going to cut the stack roughly 50% up (new 1st floor ensuite), does anyone have any tricks for performing the exercise. I have got a push fit junction and was wondering how people push the top half of the stack up so that you can slide it down again into the junction. The pipe is clipped in so I guess you give it a gentle tap after checking it is not secured on the roof. Then, is it tricky to then get the downward force on the pipe to push it into the junction ?, last resort I guess is to get the wife to tap it from the roof ?.

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated, never done it before so wondered if people had tricks. Forgive me if I am imagining it to be tricky when it is really easy !

Cheers in advance

Hambone :confused:

Sponsored Links
you can purchase a sliding collar that does what it says! it slides along the pipe so you can cut the pipe in situ then slide the collar onto the existing pipe, put the new pipework in place then slide the collar over where the 2 pipes meet, it does away with having to move any of the existing pipework up or down to fit the new fitting.

Cheers Bamba, forgot to mention that the wife takes pleasure in me using the toilet whilst she showers so life wouldn't be the same if I didn't put a loo in the en-suite.

Cheers
:LOL:

Hi Bamba

Have I interpreted you correctly here ?, I've tried searching for a sliding collar on google but not having much luck, any chance you could point me in the right direction please

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi Bamba

Have I interpreted you correctly here ?, I've tried searching for a sliding collar on google but not having much luck, any chance you could point me in the right direction please

Cheers

try looking for a "slip" collar, if the pipe is pvc thats what you want, if not plastic look for "timesaver" which is 2 part cast iron with a slip over rubber gasket which bolts together, excellant bit of kit

thanks to Kirkgas & Jackpike, dare I say it looks dead easy on the youtube vid, I guess that this fella has knocked up his own slip collar, haven't found a plastic one yet but will keep looking & if not then will use the vid

Cheers

cheers Dan, I'm not a plumber (I know, tell you something you don't know !), I think I was having trouble with all the jargon.

cheers

Cheers Chris, it's a plastic pipe so (hopefully) should be easier than CI, ta for the link.

I have been struggling with all the jargon a bit

ta

use a 4" Flex seal. its pretty much a rubber collar that you simply slide up the pipe then line up the fitting then slide it down over the cut and tighten with jubilee clips. magic!

sorry if i' ise 'the wrong name, i'm not so eduficated as prof chris :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back