Installation, service or repair engineer??

I just did a kwik search on the job center and it seems that 25k for a boiler man is the average commercial ads are about 30k

So it seems you are or top money Gaz, but I maybe wrong and I maybe resubmitting a application to Poxi, with the hours I do I might just be able to bankrupt them

:)

Sponsored Links
30k isnt nearly enough to work on baxi's all day :LOL:

plumber (new blood) said:
oh, was just askin if you were a queen fan thats all, but if you bat for the other team..then hey whatever its a moden age and all that.

I am also black so watch yourself. Me Dad`s a P* aki.

gas4you said:
Most decent housebashers on new build round my area easily earn £1000/week. I know I used to earn this and more about 5 years ago when I subbed before going it alone.

Would never go back to it though :rolleyes:

Sorry to burst your ridiculuos bubble but most breakdown engineers I know struggle to make 24k per year & half of them don`t understand a conventional system. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
gas4you"
Most decent housebashers on new build round my area easily earn £1000/week. I know I used to earn this and more about 5 years ago when I subbed before going it alone.
Would never go back to it though :rolleyes:

Sorry to burst your ridiculous bubble but most breakdown engineers I know struggle to make 24k per year & half of them don`t understand a conventional system. :rolleyes: Here`s the sweetener, a customer complained of noise from her breast wall, lack of heat to most of the downstairs radiators, the ```breakdown engineer `` diagnosed a faulty pump. I Diagnosed an empty F&E tank.
Being a ``modern`` breakdown engineer is fabulous if the fault lies within the boiler, I don`t know many Engineers who can cope with an unvented system where the boiler performs incorrectly due to incorrect pipework etc.

If it doesn`t hit them in the face most are completely lost. Because most of them are Tech heads who dont really understand the overall system. ;) Especially if it was installed 40 years ago :oops: :rolleyes: Don`t bother pulling me up on the fact that no-one had combis 40 years ago. I worked on solid fuel back boilers too ;)

[quote="Bambergaspipe"I don`t know many Engineers who can cope with an unvented system where the boiler performs incorrectly due to incorrect pipework etc.
;)[/quote]

Paul Barker said:
[quote="Bambergaspipe"I don`t know many Engineers who can cope with an unvented system where the boiler performs incorrectly due to incorrect pipework etc.
;)
[/quote]

If the fault lies outside of the boiler, you are incapable of diagnosing it Muppet, just as sure as you have totally missed the point :rolleyes:

Bambergaspipe said:
Especially if it was installed 40 years ago :oops: :rolleyes: Don`t bother pulling me up on the fact that no-one had combis 40 years ago. I worked on solid fuel back boilers too ;)

Blimey Charlie Bamber didnt realise you were so old!!!!! ;)

corgiman said:
Bambergaspipe said:
Especially if it was installed 40 years ago :oops: :rolleyes: Don`t bother pulling me up on the fact that no-one had combis 40 years ago. I worked on solid fuel back boilers too ;)

Blimey Charlie Bamber didnt realise you were so old!!!!! ;)

Blimey Charlie! is an expression I recognise, so yes Corgi, I am pretty frikkin` old. ;)

corgiman said:
Well mines a pint of badger brown when your ready u old fart

;)

lmao

Less of the ``old``. I`m at bar now getting a Guinness over mild, I`ll see if they sell yours & drink it for you. ;)

I do the odd install but boy am I slow!

I repair almost anything (so within that I pick up a lot of most other 'engineers' work). I seem to be considered a rare breed as a boiler fixer rather than an installer.

A boiler 30 years old was built to last and I will continually repair the most annoying of jobs on them (Heat exchangers or gaskets mainly).

I seem to be picking up Majorcas (the old glowworm bbu and Main Merseys at the mo)

12 times to get the diaphraphm right an saturday!

And a good old Vulcan can prove a challenge.

David

a good old Vulcan

Don't see many of those nowadays.

I seem to split my time between repairing and replacing. Most replacements tend to be the owners request - but I have saved two Vaillants from the chop today by advising the clients just get them repaired and get another few years out of them - what is it with plate heaqt exhcangers at the moment?!?!?!

I think I am capable of finding most faults that are presented to me, but I am not afraid to call for help if I am stuck or don't ahve the time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back