Installing a radiator in the Basement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.
I am hoping to put a radiator in my basement so that it can become a slightly more serviceable room. Directly above where i'm thinking of putting the radiator is a radiator in the living room. The pipework for this is running through the basement above head height.
My thoughts were that i could tap into this pipe but then i thought i'd never seen a radiator connected from above. Is this ok to do or are there any other solutions to this problem?

Cheers Matt

Sponsored Links
Yes you can run pipe drops down to a lower floor level and connect to a radiator, many houses are piped in this way, with the main runs in the ceiling between the two floors and rads upstairs and downstairs T'd off this.

Its 15mm.. as is the main run.. Its close to the boiler too. i.e at the end/start of the run whichever way around it works?? I currently have an old open tank system but upgrading to a combi.. thought it was worth me sticking a new one in before getting the guy in so that the whole system is flushed at the same time..

3 floor+basement back to back terrace.

Cheers
Matt

Sponsored Links
if your getting a combi fitted it will all need a proper flush anyway.

i would hold off and get it all done at the same time.

maybe worth getting some of that 15mm upgraded to 22mm

rgi should be able to advise when fitting boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back