Installing alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

About to move into a new house. so this will likely be the first of many posts :)

Most of the others around have alarms, and this one doesn't so want to get one installed, if only to not be the target of "that one doesn't have an alarm".

Thinking of a wired Honeywell Accenta from CPC. Comes with 3 PIRs and two door contacts. PIRs in lounge, dining room, hall, and buy one more for the landing. The two door contacts on the two doors. Would that be a zone each (using 6 of the 8, leaving two spares)?

Should I also put a PIR in the kitchen, and if so, does it share a zone with the door contact?

Anyone have any comments? I will do the internal wiring myself (the house needs redecoration internally anyway) but given I don't have a long ladder or a great desire to drill holes in the walls at heights, may get someone else to put the bell box on.

I guess it will need to be on it's own circuit (which will involve getting a sparky out).

Also want to install wired smoke alarms (hall and landing), plus heat sensor in kitchen. Do they need (another) separate circuit, combined with the house alarm or something else?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Don't rate the accenta since they where shipped off to be made in China if you want a basic system try a castle euro mini secure kit you get all the parts in the kit inc a roll of cable 3 pirs and a nice blue backlit LCD keypad...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back