More questions entry/exit zones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to use PIR's in my hall and kitchen as I cannot fit door contacts. The RKP will be in the hall but I will need to enter/exit from the back door in the kitchen or front door in the hall.

How do I do this with PIR's as I also want to protect the kitchen if someone comes through a window?

The only other solution I can see is fit a hybrid alarm and use wireless door contacts which kind of defeats the purpose since the house was wired for an alarm.

The electrician failed to wire for contacts on the two doors, and it's now too late to run wiring.

Still not decided which alarm so the above question is crucial to getting the right panel.

Sponsored Links
Never seen a door I can't get a cable to yet.

If you are an installer then you probably do that sort of thing on regular basis, but as I have no idea how to get a cable from the alarm point to the back and front doors in a dry walled new house then I am a bit stuck!

fit hardened prox sensors on the outside ;) then you can have normal zone pirs on in the door areas

Sponsored Links
Due to the difficulties in fitting cables I Am considering a Scantronic hybrid alarm which will allow the use of wireless for the doors and later expansion for a garden shed and garage.

Any thoughts on this?

if you are unsure / or dont really want to do the job, you can always contact a local engineer in your area,
that way he or she could run the cabling for you.

the scantronic hybrid is a good system, but i personally prefer hard wired.

john

I might do that but since everywhere else is wired I was hoping not to have to pay for any more labour.

I'm confident enough to install the system and set it up, just not happy about drilling holes and trying to fish wires through them :cry:

The Scantronic looks good and as I may want to add extra sensors outside at a later date it seems a good idea. At least most of the house will be hard wired.

I am now also considering a Texecom Premier panel with the Radio Plus Intelligent Receiver to solve my entry exit problem.

Has anyone experience of this combo?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back