Optima 4 zone panel - entry/exit route

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Mum has been staying with me and the first time she used my alarm she did something and I dont know what....

I have managed to reset the panel, but..... the PIR in my kitchen, linked into the entry/exit route no longer works!! The PIR detects me on entry, but the alarm status doesnt change to entry countdown and the panel emitting the warning bleep. Nothing actually happens. If I then walk into the living room, the panel goes straight into alarm which shows it has set ok. It also works ok when I set it on exit and walk out through the kitchen door. The entry/exit route is access via the kitched.(no door contacts on the kitchen door - just the kitchen PIR). Anyone any ideas. The panel is very old but was working fine till my mum used it!!! Cheers Philip

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Are you sure that you are not mistaking a chime tone for a zone break when leaving. Does the panel 'beep' each time you walk in the kitchen, if so, the detector is in Chime mode. Simply press the chime button to stop it. But to be honest, I think you are walking through an access (or intermediate) route before activating the entry timer (usually with a door contact on the main exit door). You could try re-programming this detector as entry/exit. There may be more to it, but try that for now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back