installing an electric cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new electric cooker being delivered tomorrow. Ther is a cooker switch on the wall and a plate further down. I\\\'ve looked behind the plate and it is not unlike the inside of a 3 pin plug. Will I be able to fit the cooker myself or will I need an electrician? :confused:

Sponsored Links
i don't know, if you are unsure better to get someone in.

if you forget to cennect the earth correctly the cooker could become live if there is a fault.

Sponsored Links
Firstly is the cooker the same power as your old one. then is the cable ok for this amount of power. Are you 100% confident that the circuit is OK.

Forgive me if I sound blunt but only the other day I was called to a faulty shower. The punter told me the old one had broke so he fitted a new one. Problem was his old shower was 6KW his new one 10.5KW on 4mm cable over nearly 23 metres mostly insulated this led to the usual cable probs.

If your not 100% confident get a leccy in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back