Installing an Intruder Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently doing a new build and looking to fit an alarm. I have been recommended to the Scantronic 9651 by an electrician.

I have been quoted £900 for 7 PIR, a sounder strobe unit and battery back up mains.

Is this something I could do myself, or is it wise to use an experienced installer?

Sponsored Links
Sounds a bit steep for a 9651 .you would be better with a premier 24 buy as a kit , you get panel keypad comms 2400 , pack of fobs and 3 detectors at a good price.

Thanks for the reply. Is that the Texecom? Are they simple to install? Do I need a separate dialler if I want the alarm to call my mobile?

I would highly recommend a Accenta G4, 8 zones and also 2 for fire zones. A fantastic alarm and last many years if look after properly

Sponsored Links
Oh and you can pick a panel and keypad as a kit up for £40 and you can get pet immune sensors for about £7 and basic ones for £5 a good siren for about £20 and a battery for about £6 so really you can fit one for less than £250.

Hope this helps, if you want a link to where you can pick them up let me know. :D

EDIT:

Oh and an auto dialler is about £50

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back