INSTALLING HOB OVER INTEGRATED APPLIANCE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IS IT ALLOWED TO INSTALL AN ELECTRIC HOB OVER AN INTEGRATED WASHER/DISHWASHER/FRIDGE OR FREEZER. KITCHEN PLANNING

THANKS

Sponsored Links
That's kitchen efficiency to the max! Food out of the fridge, straight onto the hob, then pans/utensils straight into the dishwasher afterwards - all without moving your feet! :)

As for your question, don't really know the definitive answer, though I can't immediately see why not. Over the dishwasher will be frowned upon most I should imagine.

I hope (perhaps unrealistically) that that helps :)

Liam

IS IT ALLOWED TO INSTALL AN ELECTRIC HOB OVER AN INTEGRATED WASHER/DISHWASHER/FRIDGE OR FREEZER. KITCHEN PLANNING

THANKS

Its better than putting it over an integrated oven which includes a grill as the door needs to be left open during use making it awkward/dangerous to use the hob.
I don't see an issue as long as manufacturers instructions don't clash, check both appliances paperwork.

Wow, you must do some serious cooking, if you hob is going to fit over a
D/W + W/M + F or F,

I make that hob between 1800 and 2400 mm wide :p

Sponsored Links
Thanks Liam

Logically it would work but the electricall certificate side is a question!

Not sure it's a good idea to put a hot thing near a fridge or freezer - it will make the fridge work harder, and reduce it's life whilst burning more juice.

I'd shy away from having the washing machine near the hob as well - greasy spills etc might end up the wifes silk undies, and then I'd have to take them off...

So, that only leaves the d/w, which is Liam's least preferred option.

This probably isn't helping very much. Sorry.

Ps She puts them on, I take them off. Just to remove any doubt.

Edit: She wears them, I take them off her. Just to remove any lingering doubt.

So, that only leaves the d/w, which is Liam's least preferred option.

I wouldn't take my preference as any kind of indication of comliance with regs or even a pro spark's best practice :). I was just thinking in terms of water supply/waste trap in very close proximity to a cable outlet.

I was just thinking in terms of water supply/waste trap in very close proximity to a cable outlet.
Like behind most washers, you mean? ;)

And i wouldnt expect electric hobs to emit much heat downwards. It might get warm, but thats it. If it got hot enough to affect other appliances it wouldnt be allowed to fit them into worktops.

I have seen in retail premises, a hot food storage unit built into a run of refrigeration (one long integrated run of cabinets). Yes, the walls on the fridge side were warm. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back