Installing PIR - Wiring location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am refurbishing part of the house and installing coving, the existing PIR wire comes down through the corner of the ceiling. When I install my coving this is going to be in the way. What is the best way to install a new PIR and where should the wiring be put? Can the new PIR be installed on the wall with the wire sunk into the wall behind the coving or is it best to install the PIR on the ceiling in front of the coving on a bracket? Any suggestions and potential PIR's and brackets which are suitable....

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If there is enough slack on the wire, fix the sensor to the wall just underneath the coving. You may need to chisel a small amount of the wall in the corner so that the cable doesn't get in the way of the coving.

Ceiling brackets look a bit crap most of the time, and on certain makes it's possible to swivel the detector around to face the wall. Not good!

I love Pyronix colts with brackets, fitted to the ceiling. Dead easy to adjust and no spider hidey holes.

I love Pyronix colts with brackets, fitted to the ceiling. Dead easy to adjust and no spider hidey holes.
That is the easy installation way, looks *****y awful.
I assume you are not talking about fitting in a shop or factory!

Fit in the corner below the coving, even easier as you are fitting the coving.

Sponsored Links
That is the easy installation way, looks *****y awful.
I assume you are not talking about fitting in a shop or factory!

Fit in the corner below the coving, even easier as you are fitting the coving.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back