Installing wireless CCTV - EufyCam 2?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First off - it doesn't have to be this cam. Just that this is the one I happen to be looking at.

The username should give you an idea of my ability. I can drill holes and I can follow video guides but if I'm given a text list of instructions telling me to put the thingymajig in the doohickey then I'll end up thinking it's & grabbing the whatdyamccallit and end up breaking something. For this reason I'm looking at wireless.
I suspect wireless isn't going to be as great as wired but I've seen examples of some units and to be honest they seem like they'll be ok - & better than nothing. Plus if I can install it myself without calling someone out then even better.

Has anyone here got any experience of these units & can comment on them one way or another?

Is it really just as simple as fix the cams to the wall outside, fix some box in to your router inside, pair them up & then that's it job done or is there more to it?

Also for fixing location...

House1.JPG
That's an example of what our house is like. For clarity - that's not our actual house but it's identical.
Basically you have the main window of the living room which juts out. The front door is set back slightly - so in other words, the front of the house is not flush. The jut back section is perhaps approx. 2ft.

So as you guys will be more experienced than me, what would be best location?
We have an open drive with 2 cars. So near the joint angling to the other corner? To the left of the front door as you look at it angling towards the other corner of the drive?

** Also for the record, the front of the house gets a fair bit of sun. Very bright in summer (thinking along the lines of solar panel powering here). Would you mount this right next to the cam itself?

House2.JPG

I'd also think about a cam at the back and maybe a cam down the side. This is basically what the run down the side of the house looks like. There's a door (which we don't use and maybe one day down the line will block up / replace with window) about halfway down the side of the house.
Just thinking about location here - I'm guessing at its furthest most point facing up the driveway?
With the cam for the back garden just anywhere at the back facing outward?

Only thing with the back cam is that with the extension being the height it is, I'm not sure it'd be out of reach.
Technically you could put it on the upper level outside the back bedroom but then there's a fair chunk that it wouldn't cover. It'd grab the shed but certainly wouldn't get anywhere near the patio doors.

Over to you guys.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back