Insulate with Rockwool ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again,

This single brick external wall needs insulating. Is it possible without removing all of the plaster ? ... it's double skinned and hard as nails to smash up / peel off ( plus the local tip have started charging for PB disposal ).

If I cut strips wide enough to slide Rockwall slab up into the gap and plasterboard back over then will that cause a problem ?

I keep hearing about vapour control layer but there's nothing stopping vapour getting into the cavity at the moment anyway ?

Attachments

• IMG_9556.JPG
    IMG_9556.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 92
Sponsored Links
Yes I thought about that but read it can cause problems with bridging in older houses. I've stripped holes in the wall now

With trickle vents installed I can't see that Rockwool would cause a problem with interstitial condensation ?

I'm sure there's a science that can be applied but I'm a bit stuck being a novice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back