Insulate your condensing pipes!

Your not instilling me with confidence. If there was a cert (which is doubtful)
The previous owner would have left it for you. Get yourself a carbon monoxide detector lively and get the gas pressure checked for leaks. I will wager it's not even a condensing boiler that's why theresno pipe connected to the down pipe/drain. If theres just a copper pipe discharged through the wall then it's not a condensing boiler.

Sponsored Links
its a combi (probably should have said that before hand) its a valliant eco tech model....

We did have the gas pressures checked through our gas supplier

I know it's a combi. Just check to see if there is a plastic pipe or a copper pipe going through the wall. Which gas supplier checked the pressure cos they would have no reason too, thus is all sounding a bit fishy to me.

scottish power did because the house had been vacant for nearly 2 years and they needed to come in for meter maintenance and a few other things.

its a plastic pipe for sure.

Sponsored Links
ive got a co2 monitor in the bedroom where the boiler is and in the front room where the meter is. we have no other gas appliances either. i will get in touch with the previous owner (luckily for me we see him pretty regularly) and find out more

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back